Highlights of This Post
- The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) recently held their annual conference, which had 12,000 attendees and 175 sponsors / exhibitors.
- ASAPS was seeking an effective way to deliver sponsor and exhibitor messages to attendees prior to the event.
- The ASAPS team discovered Virtual Event Bags at PCMA Convening Leaders conference, saw a quick demo and loved it. Why?
- Close to 90 exhibitors participated in the program and nearly 50% of uploaded attendees visited the event’s Virtual Event Bag more than 2x.
The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is the leading professional organization of plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specialize in cosmetic plastic surgery. It has over 2,600 members in the U.S., Canada, and many other countries.
Their annual conference, The Aesthetic Meeting, was recently held in Montreal. The conference team has been in search of a solution to help its vendor partners (exhibitors) more effectively reach attendees prior to the conference.
The ASAPS team discovered Virtual Event Bags in the “Tech Central” area of the PCMA Convening Leaders conference. We did a short demo with them and they found the tool to be the solution to help their supplier partners efficiently deliver pre-show messaging to attendees.
Simplicity Is Key
There were a few key points that attracted ASAPS to the Virtual Event Bags Platform
1. The Virtual Event Bag is micro-website, branded for the event.
2. Attendees are invited to the site (bag) prior to the show, but also during and after.
3. Sponsors and Exhibitors can easily create their own content with the tool.
4. Each sponsor receives a detailed report on attendee engagement.
Positioning With Sponsors & Exhibitors
ASAPS decided to add the Virtual Event Bag just a few months before the event, so they chose to include the tool as part of the existing exhibitor package as a way to provide additional value. Despite being included late in the process, they had nearly 90 exhibitors participate.
In addition, over close to 50% of attendees visited the Virtual Event Bag more than 2x, providing great results for sponsors and exhibitors.
ASAPS had a great overall result with the Virtual Event Bag for both sponsors and attendees. This provides the Society the opportunity to now look at monetizing the program and incorporating it into their sponsorship packages.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this behind-the-scenes customer success story. If you would like to learn more about Virtual Event Bags, please contact us for a personal tour or, if you prefer, watch a self-guided video tour.